THTR T320 Sec. 4187 B. Burgun
12:30-2:15p MWF 3 cr. hr.
Prerequisites: THTR T220 and recommendation of T220
instructor. Recommended: T325 (Voice) and T370 (Theatre History)
This course will be tuahgt through a series of performances, focused
primarily on scene work, culminating in final presentations, supplemented
by exercise work, lecture, dramatic analysis, and journal writing.
- Development of acting abilities, skills, and techniques as applied to
the work of William Shakespeare.
- Deepened appreciation and detailed understanding of Shakespeare and
- Exploration of verse drama and the use of heightened language on the
- Exploration of heightened realities of character and situation.
The Riverside Shakespeare
ASSIGNMENTS: (1) A thorough and neatly organized acting journal; (2)
Preparation of one monologue and 2 scenes including a minimum of 15 hours
of out-of-class rehearsal for each.
EXAMS: One written final exam.
- Your will be expected to read and be conversant with the facts of the
- A Midsummer Night's Dream; Much Ado About Nothing;
Twelfth Night; Macbeth; Hamlet; King Lear
- You will be expected ro read all of the sonnets and the General
Introduction in The Riverside Shakespeare.