3 cr. hrs.
- This course offers:
- *an introduction to basic physical, vocal, and imaginative skills for
the beginning actor
- *a constant demonstration of the cooperative process of acting
- *an introduction to evaluating effective acting choices by attendance
at IU Theatre productions
- *learning to play an action.
- Robert Cohen: Acting One
- David Mamet: Goldberg Street
- Book of Acting Scenes - TBA
- Supplemental reading
- PAPERS: two Actor Response papers based on viewing of IU Theatre
- EXAMS: Mid-term and Final Scene and Analysis
- OTHER: Preparation and presentation of two major scenes: one from
Goldberg Street and the other from a contemporary American
play. These require rehearsal outside of class.
Regular attendance, punctuality, and active participation are
vitally important for success in this course.
- Sec. 4121 MW 8:30a-10:15a
- Sec. 4122 MW 12:30-2:15p (Above section structured for students of
- Sec. 4123 MW 2:30-4:15p
- Sec. 4124 MW 4:00-5:45p
- Sec. 4125 MW 4:30p-6:15p
- Sec. 4126 MW 4:30p-6:15p
- Sec. 4127 TR 8:30a-10:15a
- Sec. 4128 TR 8:30a-10:15a
- Sec. 4129 TR 10:30p-12:15p
- Sec. 4130 TR 12:30p-2:15p
- Sec. 4131 TR 2:30p-4:15p
- Sec. 4132 TR 2:30p-4:15p (Above section open to COAS theatre majors
only. Other theatre majors see undergraduate advisor in TH 230 for
- Sec. 4133 TR 4:30p-6:15p
- Sec. 4134 TR 4:30p-6:15p
- Sec. 4135 TR 4:30p-6:15p
Two more sections to be added 10/1/00.