Apparel Merchandising / Interior Design | Internship in Professional Practice (Interior Design)
Y398 | 0482 | Landis
Meeting Day and Time: Arranged
Course Description and Content
(S/F grading) (1 3 cr.) P: junior standing, approval from
departmental internship program coordinator and completion of required
paperwork prior to the beginning of the internship.
The process of locating a position, writing a resume, arranging an
interview, and selecting a position is considered to be part of the
educational experience, and must accordingly be performed by the
student. The internship program coordinator can provide guidance for
these tasks. Cumulative GPA 2.5 or above required for program
participation; may be repeated for a total of up to 6 credits.
Required Texts and Readings
As provided by instructor
Outline Course Requirements
1. 80 hours of work for each credit hour (verification
2. Examples of tasks performed during the internship
3. 4 5 page paper describing the firm, and assessing how the
experience contributed to professional and personal development
4. Employer evaluation of performance
5. Intern evaluation of work experience
6. Presentation of work experience at an interior design
program lecture series or H168 interior design Studio Class
7. Submission of copies of all significant internship
documentation to internship program coordinator for FIDER file
Enrollment in Y398 (interior design) is allowed only with the written
permission of the internship program coordinator.
Enrollment is approved only after the student has located the position
and the employer has submitted a written job description that
demonstrates that the internship will be an educational experience.