Telecommunications | Programming Strategies
T344 | 10752 | MacArthur, P.
Semester: Spring 2005
Course Code: T344
Class Number: 10752
Instructor: Paul J. MacArthur
Course Name: Programming Strategies
• Prerequisites: T207 or consent of instructor.
• Course Objectives: To study various programming strategies as they
relate to radio, television, cable and the Internet. To understand
ratings and how they are used to make programming decisions.
• Course Format: Small lecture format. No discussion sections.
• Grading Procedures: Exams, Research Papers, & Pop Quizzes.
• Requirements This Course Will Meet:
To see which requirements, in the College of Arts and Sciences, this
course will fulfill consult the College Bulletin at
If you have questions, or need additional help, see your academic
• Required Texts:
Broadcast/Cable Programming: Strategies and Practices, 6th Edition,
by Susan Tyler Eastman & Douglas A. Ferguson, Wadsworth, 2002. ISBN:
Radio Programming Tactics and Strategy by Eric Norberg, Focal Press,
1996. ISBN: 0240802349
America's Favorite Radio Station: WKRP In Cincinnati by Michael
Kassel, Popular Press, 1993. ISBN: 0879725850
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 5th
Additional readings on eReserves.
• Meeting Times: MW 4:00 – 5:15 in TV245.