Telecommunications | Telecommunications Management
T446 | 10779 | MacArthur, P.
Semester: Spring 2005
Course Code: T446
Class Number: 10779
Instructor: Paul J. MacArthur
Course Name: Telecommunications Management
• Prerequisites: T207 or consent of instructor.
• Course Objectives: To study management theories as they relate to
telecommunications industries and to understand competitive
advantages and disadvantages of different telecommunications
organizations. To understand how Wall Street impacts media
organizations and to provide the student with the ability to read
annual and other financial reports. To understand various
regulations as they relate to media organizations and to understand
the inseparable relationship between management and the marketing
• Course Format: Small lecture format. No discussion sections.
• Grading Procedures: Exams, Research Papers, & Pop Quizzes.
• Requirements This Course Will Meet:
To see which requirements, in the College of Arts and Sciences, this
course will fulfill consult the College Bulletin at
If you have questions, or need additional help, see your academic
Main Text Book: TBA
Big Brands, Big Trouble by Jack Trout, John Wiley & Sons, 2001.
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 5th
Additional readings on eReserves.
Meeting Times: T/TH 1:00PM- 2:15PM in TV245.