Political Science | Intl Pol Controversies -- US Foreign Pol in Muslim World
Y102 | 10180 | --
Meets first 10 weeks only.
This ten-week course introduces you to some salient policy
debates that shape American Foreign policy towards the Middle East
and the Muslim world today. We will address the following big
policy questions, as time permits:
1) Should the US have invaded Iraq in 2003?
2) Should the US leave Iraq?
3) Should the US continue to occupy Afghanistan?
4) Is the use of torture by American forces legitimate, moral
or useful? And
5) Is the US supporting Democracy in the Middle East?