| Nursing Care of Adults I
J350 | ALL | Staff
Nursing Majors - Semester V
Requirements: completion of lower division courses and
certification. C: B300, B302, J304
J350 provides the student with opportunities for the application
of knowledge and skills learned in prerequisites and corequisite
courses to the nursing care of adults in a structured health care
setting. The nursing process is used to access, diagnose, plan
and treat actual or potential alterations in health patterns.
Nursing care delivered is goal-directed and based on principles
from nursing, biological, physiological, behavioral, and social
sciences and the humanities. Grades given for this course are
satisfactory and fail.
At the completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Assess individual adults as holistic beings using functional
health patterns and ecological variables in a variety of
2. Apply concepts and theories form biological and behavioral
sciences, the humanities, and nursing while providing
nursing care to individual adults in a variety of structured
3. Utilize the nursing process to diagnoses individual needs,
and to plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for the
4. Assume the roles of client advocate and care provider with
adult individuals in conjunction with the health care team
in a variety of structured settings.
5. Apply concepts of effective interpersonal communication
skills when interacting with adult individuals.
6. Demonstrate principles of safety in the performance of
selected psychomotor skills in a clinical setting.
7. Identify teaching learning needs of adult individuals in a
variety of structured settings.
8. Identify research findings relevant to the nursing care of
adult individuals in a variety of structured settings.
9. Identify leadership behavior in self and others.
10. Demonstrate accountable and responsible behavior as a care
provider in the nursing profession.
11. Identify values and behaviors that reflect professional
12. Demonstrate responsibility as a beginning learner in the
13. Demonstrate awareness of the citizens' role or how it
relates to health care issues.