Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Golf (1 cr.)
E135 | 1121-1124 | Staff
FEE: A fee of $50.00 is required and payable at the IU Golf Course.
CLASS MEETING: Meets one 75 minute period four times per week
Beginning instruction in techniques for putting, chipping, iron and wood
Rules and etiquette of golf. Students will play Par 3 course. Fee charged.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: This course should enable the student to:
1. identify parts and features of a golf course
2. identify different clubs and parts of clubs
3. describe and execute the grip, stance, and swing for the putt, chip, and
4. state and interpret the major rules of golf
5. understand and practice the etiquette of the game of golf
EQUIPMENT: Students are encouraged to bring their own clubs. Clubs may be
checked-out for use during class. Golf shoes or tennis shoes are
Hiking boots or shoes with cleated soles cannot be worn on putting greens.
ATTENDANCE: Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a
fourth absence, a student has three (3) options: 1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class; 3) follow an appeal procedure
through your instructor and the Elective Program
GRADING PROCEDURES: Final grades will be calculated based on a written
knowledge test (approximately 30%) and skills tests (approximately 70%).