Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Current Concepts in Physical Fitness (3 cr)
P216 | 1068 | Staff
Required of all Exercise Science and Physical Education majors
Meets one 75 minute period daily.
This course is designed to assist students in developing a sound foundation
enjoying a healthy active lifestyle. Emphasis is threefold: 1) to
basics of physical fitness and the role of exercise in health and wellness,
understand the concepts, principles and guidelines for fitness exercise
related activities and 3) to develop a regular exercise program to assist in
exemplifying an active and physically fit professional. Each student will
in a physical fitness assessment and utilize the data to plan and carry out
personal fitness exercise program.
1. Foster the development of a positive attitude toward personal health and
lifestyle that includes practice of regular fitness activity.
2. Understand the components of physical fitness and the biomechanical and
physiological principles pertinent to exercise training.
3. Utilizing the data gathered from a personal fitness assessment, each
design a personal fitness exercise program for improving and maintaining
muscular endurance, flexibility and aerobic fitness.
4. Understand sound healthy nutritional practices and how they relate to
and healthy living.
5. To begin to develop an awareness and appreciation for the scope of
research and fitness issues as they relate to exercise and healthy living.