Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Gymnastics (1 cr)
E137 | 2092 | Staff
Meets one 75 minute period four times a week.
Basic instruction in tumbling, and floor gymnastics. Emphasis on form and
basic stunts and transitions.
This course should enable you to:
1. Participate in the individual sport of gymnastics;
2. Gain an understanding of the mechanics and aesthetics of gymnastic
3. Understand and practice good conditioning and safety methods;
4. Perform floor routines emphasizing good form, execution and transition.
Wear clothing appropriate for gymnastic activity. No shoes are allowed on
gymnastics floor area (blue carpet). Jewelry is highly not recommended and
dangerous. You can rent a locker to keep your belongings in during class.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth absence
student has three (3) options: 1) receive a grade of F; 2) officially
withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
Your final grade in E137 Gymnastics will be computed according to your
performance on skill proficiency test.