3 cr. hrs.
- This course offers:
- *an introduction to basic physical, vocal, and imaginative skills for
the beginning actor
- *a constant demonstration of the cooperative process of acting
- *an introduction to evaluating effective acting choices by attendance
at IU Theatre productions
- *learning to play an action.
- Robert Cohen: Acting One
- David Mamet: Goldberg Street
- Book of Acting Scenes - TBA
- Supplemental reading
- PAPERS: two Actor Response papers based on viewing of IU Theatre
- EXAMS: Mid-term and Final Scene and Analysis
- OTHER: Preparation and presentation of two major scenes: one from
Goldberg Street and the other from a contemporary American
play. These require rehearsal outside of class.
Regular attendance, punctuality, and active participation are
vitally important for success in this course.
- Sec. 4764 MTWR 9:15a-10:20a
- Sec. 4765 MTWR 12:30p-1:35p
- Sec. 4766 Daily 10:30a-11:20a