IBE seeks Director of Youth and Family Programs
Monday, September 23, 2013
The Indiana Black Expo, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, seeks a Director of Youth and Family Programs to direct the development and implementation of youth and family programs for children and adults, that will advance the organization's mission. The Director will work closely with the local community, as well as state and national institutions, to develop partnerships and offer jointly sponsored programs. The position incumbent must be able to research, develop and deliver grants and other sponsorship proposals, monitor and report on the activity and progress of the grants and sponsorships.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree with a focus in Social Services and programs is required. A minimum of 5 years of experience in program development, management, and evaluation of which is specific to youth and family programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidates will have a proven track record that demonstrates the following:
- Obtains thorough knowledge of the organization's mission, history, culture and programs and understands the organization's base financial support
- Manages the Youth & Family Programs Administrative Coordinator, students, interns, and volunteers for the Youth & Family Programs department
- Directs the coordination, implementation, planning and execution of Youth and Family programs throughout the state of Indiana
- Works closely with management, other staff, and volunteers to expand the scope of the current Youth & Family Programs department to coordinate family strengthening initiatives identified as important needs of the community
- Seeks out new programmatic opportunities and strategic initiatives within IBE's mission for approval
- Builds partnerships through collaboration with various programs, communities, and organizations to define needs, performs and assist in technical writing and planning including grants, designs and implements data collection measures and procedures
- Creates and disseminates programmatic and financial reports to the VP of Administration
- Works closely with the Director of Chapter Relations and Volunteer Services to determine best practices on programmatic initiatives throughout the state, capacity building and organizational development, and resource development for Indiana Black Expo's chapters
- Attends necessary meetings and leads special projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Indiana Black Expo, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, and the opportunity to be part of a progressive, transforming culture.
Local candidates are preferred. Qualified candidates should e-mail resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to IBE Human Resources at (317) 925-6624 by October 16, 2013. No phone calls please.