The Office of Diversity Education (ODE) assists in the design and/or facilitation of diversity education workshops, presentations, and seminars for students, staff, and faculty. These learning experiences may be designed for a particular department or for a class.
- Visit classrooms/residence halls to facilitate discussions about diversity related topics
- Meet with IU individuals and offices to facilitate solutions to diversity-related concerns
- Consultation regarding cross-cultural communication
- Consult with managers and supervisors about problematic cross-cultural interactions
- Assist in the development of strategies to enhance cross-cultural communication on an interperson and organizational level
- Consultation regarding diversity plan development
- Consults and confers with managers and supervisors in the development of comprehensive diversity plans for their department or area of responsibility