THE APPEAL EXAM
Candidate Requirements (Who Can Take the Exam)
- Be non-native speakers of English. (Definition of non-native speakers: Parents did not use English when communicating with the candidates in childhood.
- Be currently enrolled as a graduate student in an IU academic department.
- Be included in a list of candidates authorized to take the exam by the academic department which intends to hire them.
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency by having passed all sections of the Indiana English Proficiency Exam (IEPE) or by having successfully completed all assigned T501 or T101 courses required by the results of the exam.
- (Candidates who have not taken the Indiana English Proficiency Exam may demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency by having met minimum TOEFL requirements (see sidebar - within the past two years.)
Last updated: 12 December 2013
Copyright 2001, the Trustees of Indiana University