Skip to main content
Indiana University Bloomington

Images of China, Japan, Korea

Placement and Proficiency Exams « EALC Language Programs

Korean Language Testing at Indiana University
Frequently Asked Questions

First you need to know if you need Placement or Proficiency testing!

What is the difference between Placement and Proficiency Testing?

When can I take the test?

How do I register for the test?

What is the format of the test?

How long will the test take?

I have a class or other commitment during the scheduled test time.  Can I still take the test?

What should I bring to the test?

Do I have to register for the class that I test into?

I need to register for classes before the test takes place.  What should I do?   

Will taking the Placement or Proficiency test earn me course credit?

How can I get Special Credit in Korean?

Who can I contact for more information?