Yasuko Ito Watt « Emeriti Faculty « People
Associate Professor Emerita, EALC
- EdD, Columbia University, 1991
- Japanese language
- Language pedagogy
- Applied linguistics
Awards and Distinctions
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Board of Examiners, 2002-
- Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching (FACET) Award, 2000
- Tuttle Language Grant for Asian Language Publication (Honorable mention), 1999
- President's Award (All University Distinguished Teaching Award), March 2, 1996
- U.S. Department of Education Grant (Institutional grant), Enhancing Japanese Language Education in Secondary Schools in Indiana, with Earlham College, 1994-96. ($187,000)
- With Akira Miura. Nihon o shiroo [Let's Learn about Japan]. (2001) Tokyo: ALC Press.
- "Teaching the Japanese Demonstrative ANO: Lessons from an Analysis of ANO in a Work of Modern Japanese Literature." (2001) Canadian Association of Japanese Language Journal.
- Co-editor and contributor. Japanese National Standards: Learning Scenarios. (2000). (Indexed by ERIC ED 445 527, also available at http://www.indiana.edu/~easc/scenarios.
- With Richard Rubinger. Readers' Guide to Intermediate Japanese. University of Hawaii Press, 1998.
- "Attrition and Performance in Japanese Language Courses: A Study of Articulation Between the High School and University Levels." Foreign Language Annals, 30, No.3 (1997), pp.327-334.