Tie XIAO « Faculty
Assistant Professor, EALC
- Ph.D.,The University of Chicago, 2011
Modern Chinese literature and visual culture, intellectual history of modern China
Courses Recently Taught
- EALC-E332 Chinese Literature Since 1300
- EALC-E300/505 The Writer and the Masses in Modern Chinese Literature
Awards and Distinctions
- Center for Chinese Studies Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2011-2012, University of California, Berkeley
- Chinese Studies Dissertation Writing Fellowship, 2010-2011, University of Chicago
- Bing Xin Literature Prize, 1997
- "The Lure of the Irrational: Zhu Qianzhi's Vision of Qunzhong in the 'Era of Crowds,'" Modern Chinese Literature and Culture, forthcoming.
- "Frans Masereel, Wen Tao, and Woodcut Lianhuanhua in 1930s Shanghai,"
CLCWeb: Comparative Literature and Culture, forthcoming.