Conference Travel Awards, 2015-16
Full-member faculty are eligible to apply for our travel award competitions.
- International travel can be covered but must be approved six weeks in advance of departure date, and the travel may need to be on U.S.-owned carriers. If planning an overseas trip, easc [at] indiana [dot] edu (contact us).
- Priority is given to faculty who are presenting papers.
- Maximum award amount is $500 and is meant to supplement other sources of support, which applicants are encouraged to seek.
- Each faculty member is eligible to receive only one travel grant per 12-month period (September to August).
- February 2, 2016 (for travel from February 2016 to May 2016)
- International travel plans must be approved six weeks in advance of departure date and before purchasing tickets.
Applications must include:
- Application form (PDF)
- One-page abstract of conference paper
- Letter of invitation or copy of the conference program
- Letter of endorsement from your department chair
Please submit applications to:
Hye-Seung (Theresa) Kang
Indiana University East Asian Studies Center
Global and International Studies Building
355 North Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405-1105
Please note: Applications must be submitted prior to undertaking travel. It is possible to receive an award after the trip has been completed as long as the application was submitted before the trip began. The EASC executive committee, which makes all final funding decisions, meets in October to review fall applications for October–January travel, in February to review spring applications for February–May travel, and in May to review summer applications for June–September travel.