Video Lending Library
- Program Title: the Gate to Heavenly Peace Part I & II
- EASC Code: CG-01
- Series Title:
- Subject: History, Politics & Law
- Program Type: Documentary
- Media Type: VHS
- Director: Carma Hinton and Richard Gordon
- Producer: Peter Kovler, Orville Schell, and Lise Yasui
- Release Date: 1996
- Running Time: 300 min.
- Color or BW: Color
- Program Abstract: During the spring of 1989, nightly news accounts filmed in Tiananmen Square enthralled viewers worldwide as they watched the largest popular demonstration in modern Chinese history unfold. THE GATE OF HEAVENLY PEACE, a riveting and explosive three hour documentary, revisits these events and explores the complex political process that led to the protests and eventual Beijing massacre of June 4th.
- Data Entry Date: 8/22/2002