Video Lending Library
- Program Title: The Battle of Midway
- EASC Code: AB-02
- Series Title: National Geographic
- Region/Country: Asia
- Language: English
- Subject: History
- Program Type: Documentary
- Media Type: VHS
- Director: Lucy Davidson Rosenfield
- Producer: National Geographic Society
- Release Date: 1998
- Running Time: 82 min.
- Color or BW: Color
- Program Abstract: Explore the magnitude of the war- 17,000 feet beneath the sea- with Titanic discoverer Dr. Robert Ballard. One thousand miles from anywhere lies a lonely outpost of coral and sea called Midway. It was here in 1942 where the U.S.and Japan fought one of the greatest naval battles of World War II that changed the course of history. And it is here again where Titanic discoverer Dr. Robert Ballard now leads a team of experts and four World War II veterans on the voyage of their lives. They're on a race against time to do the impossible: find at least one of the five downed aircraft carriers, including U.S.S. Yorktown, more than three miles underwater. Hear the heart-wrenching stories of our four remarkable men and how each survived the war despite incredible odds. And join them as they pay their final respects to their fallen comrades in THE BATTLE FOR MIDWAY.
The National Geographic Society was founded in 1888 to increase and diffuse geographic knowledge. This landmark home video supports the Society's educational mission through scientific research around the world.
- Data Entry Date: 2/2/2005