We have a vigorous K–12 teacher outreach program, including our two flagship programs:
- National Consortium for Teaching about Asia (NCTA) - Teaching about Asia seminars for middle and high school teachers.
- NCTA Teaching East Asian Literature in the High School workshops - Workshop for high school English and worl literature teachers.
Together, these two programs have reached nearly 1,200 educators since their inception in 1999.
As the winner of the prestigious 2005 Goldman Sachs Foundation Prize for Excellence in International Education, we are committed to meeting the professional development needs of teachers and to promoting the study of East Asia among K–12 students.
We also reach business, government, and media through briefings and conferences and the general public through regular sponsorship of cultural events, lifelong learning courses, as well as the colloquium and film series.
- Upcoming Events
- EASC Colloquium Series - ″Searching for Economic Thought in Medieval Japan″ - Ethan I. Segal (Associae Professor of History, Michigan State University)
Friday, Feb 05, 2016
12:00 PM - 1:15 PM
- 2016 NCTA Teaching about Asia Spring Seminar-St. Paul, MN
Monday, Feb 08, 2016
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Community School of Excellence
- 2016 NCTA Teaching about Asia Spring Seminar-New Albany, IN
Wednesday, Feb 10, 2016
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
IU Southeast, Rm CV 207
- 2nd Annual Korean Speech Contest
Thursday, Feb 11, 2016
5:45 PM - 7:30 PM
GISB Rm 1134
- See Outreach calendar >>
- Outreach events archive >>