Support the Center
- How do I find out about volunteer activities?
E-mail easc [at] indiana [dot] edu to get on our volunteer list. Whenever we get a new request, we’ll e-mail you about our current activities to determine your availability.
- What kinds of things could I do?
- Talk about your country’s geography
- Teach common phrases in your language
- Talk about a traditional art, festival, or custom (e.g., calligraphy, kimono, fans)
- Talk about schools in your country
- Teach children’s games
- Talk about daily life and culture
- Perform music
- Prepare and share food
- If I sign up to volunteer, what will EASC expect me to do?
- Plan demonstrations and activities (with the help of EASC staff)
- Arrange own transportation to volunteer events (with aid of EASC staff if needed)
- Give feedback to EASC staff on how to improve the program
- Attend the volunteer events you have signed up for, or give us advance warning if no longer able to come
- Have fun!
- What will I get out of it?
- The opportunity to share your culture
- An official certificate of appreciation
- An invitation to our end-of-year party