|The first Maxwell Hall was built in 1885 where Lindley Hall is now; it was renamed to Mitchell Hall in 1894 when Library Hall was renamed to Maxwell Hall. Mitchell Hall has been used for: Chapel and Literary Classrooms, 1885-1896, Women's Gymnasium, 1896-1906, Music, 1906-1937, Sociology in Music Annex, 1937-1940, Art, 1941-1962, Audio Visual, 1962-1986. In 1901 Mitchell Hall was moved 210 feet east to make room for Science Hall, now called Lindley Hall.
Photo from University Archives
|Latitude: N 39.16534° | Longitude: W 86.5236° | See map|
|Click Here for Aerial Map of 1949 Campus | Tour by Ronald F. Nehrig © | Help|