|Wylie Hall (right) during the fire of February, 7, 1900 that destroyed the roof and tower.
Owen Hall is at the left. This is the only known photo of the fire.
The Fire engine may have been the one given to Bloomington by New Albany in 1879.
Bloomington had no formal fire department until February 1900, when it began with 5 men and two horses.
Photo from University Archives
|Latitude: N 39.1664° | Longitude: W 86.52431° | See map|
|Click Here for Aerial Map of 1949 Campus | Tour by Ronald F. Nehrig © | Help|