- Room: EDUC 2025 (lab)
- Credit: 3 credit hours
- Coordinating Professor: Dr. Ozogul
- Office: Education 2220
- Hours: By appointment
- Email: gozogul (at) indiana (dot) edu
WELCOME TO W200!
This course is designed to provide you with skills and experiences that will allow you to effectively and appropriately integrate technology into teaching and learning activities. In this course, we will focus on actively participating in projects that model effective technology integration, researching and developing classroom lessons and activities that utilize emerging technologies, and using technology to support professional development activities.
- Given certain goals and limitations, analyze the strengths and weaknesses of various technologies to make appropriate selections for instructional purposes. Make good technology integration decisions and explain reasons behind decision.
- Design uses of various emerging digital technologies to create instructional activities for future K-12 students.
- Document and reflect on their professional growth through an ePortfolio (Recognize individual needs for meeting the ISTE-T standards - development depends on initial skills).
- Utilize technology to learn (Use technology to pursue life-long learning, how to learn about new technology, and awareness of building professional resources and how to organize these using technology)
- Increase personal software/hardware technology skills.
- Share knowledge and collaborate with fellow teachers.
- Learn about technology integration management and teaching methods from lab/lecture modeling.
- Start to develop individual teaching philosophy and what this means to future K-12 students.
- Develop positive attitude toward technology and acknowledge technology can be used in all subject areas.
As a pre-service teacher, you are beginning your professional training as a teacher. As a developing teacher professional, you will be expected to actively contribute and pursue learning experiences and develop knowledge regarding teaching, learning, and technology integration. This course will provide you with the knowledge and opportunities to develop (as well as learn ways to continue to develop beyond this course) effective and high-quality strategies for integrating and managing technology in the classroom.When you come to this class, you are preparing to become a future teacher, and it is expected that you show this with professionalism, commitment, and dedication to your own growth as well as your future students. While in class or lab, you are expected to:
- Actively participate in class activities and promote a constructive learning environment.
- Come to class on time and prepared.
- Be attentive and do not engage in distracting or disruptive behavior such as using instant messaging software, checking email, or visiting Web sites not related to the day's instruction.
- Ask informed and relevant questions in class, as well as take active roles in discussions.
- Help contribute to an atmosphere of respect in the class and lab.
- Communicate professionally with instructor and colleagues.
- Actively assist instructors, directors, and colleagues in need of help.
- Do not bring food and/or drinks to lab.