As an emeritus, you are entitled to certain benefits from the university. Special benefits extended to emeriti faculty and librarians are described in The Status and Privileges of Retired Faculty Members and Librarians, Policy A-8 in the Academic Guide. Benefits extended to IU retirees are described in the IU Retirement Plan maintained by University Human Resources
University ID Card
- Make sure you have a current IU identification card showing your status as an emeriti faculty or librarian. The updated card is useful when accessing the many benefits and privileges extended to you as an emeriti. ID cards are available at Campus Card Services.
Campus and City Bus Service
- Bus service is free with your IU identification card. Information about the campus bus service, including bus schedules, is available on the Campus Bus website. If you wish to use Bloomington Transit, you will need a bus pass. You can obtain a bus pass at Campus Card Services.
University Email Address
- University policy entitles retirees to retain use of their email accounts. If you already have an IU email address, the account remains active after your retirement and no additional action is needed to continue using the account. If you want to request your first email account after you retire, there are two ways to begin the process.
- Contact the Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty and Academic Affairs, 812-855-2809 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask a full-time appointed staff or faculty member in your department to serve as your sponsor in requesting the account. The sponsor should request the account using their own email address rather than the department account. Have the sponsor send an email to email@example.com, give your name, your IU identification card number, and an email address where the password for the new account can be sent.
- For additional information, review the IU Knowledge Base documents: "At IU, can retired faculty and staff have email accounts?" and "How do I get my first computing accounts at IU?"
Software & Hardware from IU
- Emeriti faculty and librarians who continue scholarly and creative activities and continue to be associated with Indiana University are eligible to purchase software under IU's liscence agreements with Microsoft, Adobe, and other software companies. More information on available software can be found at the IUware website. UITS also offers information on purchasing hardware.
University Grants & Funding
- Emeriti have access to university grants and funding services available through the Office of the Vice Provost for Research. More specifically, emeriti can apply for the Distinguished Faculty Emeritus Research Fund.
University Club Membership
- As an emeritus you receive a free membership in the University Club. To obtain this please fill out and return the life membership form available online and at the club office. For more information please contact the manager of the University Club, Barb Aspy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information on reduced rates on "A" parking permits can be found at Parking Operations, 812-855-9848, email@example.com.
Tuition Fee Courtesy
- Fee courtesy is extended to individuals with IU retiree status, as well as to their spouses, registered domestic partners, and any dependent children. More information is detailed in Policy A-20, Fee Courtesy, of the Academic Guide.
Discounted RecSports Membership
- Discounted faculty/staff fees and use of the facilities at IU Recreational Sports is available for all retirees.