Professor Pezzullo is an award-winning teacher at both the graduate
undergraduate level. She
researches and teaches in several areas, including:
Environmental Communication • Feminism/Gender Studies •
• Tourist Studies • Rhetoric & Public Culture
Professor Pezzullo teaches the following
Environmental Communication and Public Culture, S2008
(Special Topic: Environmental Disasters)
• Rhetorics of Transgression and Resistance, F2004, S2009
• Introduction to Rhetoric and Public Culture, F2005
Feminism and Rhetorical Theory: An Introduction, S2003, S2006, F2010
• Feminism and Rhetorical Theory: On Bodies, S2004, F2006*
* The optional, but encouraged, blog for this course and the
U of I "Bodies and Rhetoric" seminar led by Prof. Debra
Hawhee is available at:
Rhetoric Online Resources/Blogs:
the blogroll at Hawhee's main blog
here for the CMCL Graduate Program Blog.
here for course descriptions and more about the Rhetoric &
Pubic Culture curriculum.
here for Professor Jonathan Sterne's professionalization website
with helpful advice for critical communication studies GRADUATE
STUDENTS GOING ON THE JOB MARKET.
Website last updated: July 2010..
Web site and
all contents © Copyright Phaedra C. Pezzullo 2005, All rights
website was created, in part, by using a free website template,