Pezzullo is an award-winning teacher
at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
She teaches the following undergraduate courses at
• C212 Communicating Sustainability
• C406 Public Advocacy: U.S. Environmental Movements
F 2007, S 2006, F 2003, F 2002
• C348 Environmental Communication: Environmental
F 2008, S 2007, S 2004
• C340 The Rhetoric of Social Movements:
Resisting Illness & Violence (IW)*
F 2008, F 2007, F 2004
• C450 Gender and Communication (IW)*
S 2008, S 2007, F 2005, S 2003, F 2002, F 2003
IW courses fulfill the IUB Intensive Writing requirement.
For more information, go to
courses could be cross-listed as a Civic Engagement Seminar
with the campus minor in
(Leadership, Ethics, & Social Action).
All books for these courses are available through Bloomington's
& Community Center.
At University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC, USA), Spring
1998-Fall 2001, Pezzullo also taught the following undergraduate
• Environmental Advocacy, F 2001, S 2001, F 2000, F 1999,
S 1999, S 1998
• Social Theory & Cultural Diversity
In International Studies, F 2000, F 1999, S 1998
In Communication Studies, Summer 1999, F 1998
• Rhetoric of Social Movements, F 1999, S 1999
• Rhetoric & Social Controversy, S 2000
• Oral Communication/Oral Argument, F 1998
• Graduate Workshops on Oral Communication, F 1999-2001
• Gender, Communication, & Culture, Summer 1998
• Environmental Communication & the Public Sphere with
Prof. Cox, S 2001
here for some definitions of "rhetoric" available on-line.
Website last updated: June 2008.
Web site and
all contents © Copyright Phaedra C. Pezzullo 2005, All rights
website was created, in part, by using a free website template,