- October 1-3, 2015: 2015 Midwest Relativity Meeting, CIERA Northwestern University. Title:1) Structure and Geometry of Black Holes and the Universe. (presented by Wang), 2) Gravitational Field Equations and Long Range Repulsive Effect (presented by Hernandez).
New Papers and Books
- Tian Ma & Shouhong Wang, Mathematical Principles of Theoretical Physics, Science Press, August 2015, 524pp. Order at amazon.cn . Also, here or here is a brief description of the book.
- Tian Ma & Shouhong Wang, Astrophysical Dynamics and Cosmology, J. Math. Study, 47:4(2014), 305-378. See also Isaac Newton Institute Preprint: ni14098.pdf
- Marco Hernandez, Tian Ma & Shouhong Wang, Theory of Dark Energy and Dark Matter, J Math. Study, Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 199-221 September 2015; see also Isaac Newton Institute Preprint: ni15013.
This blog explores the symbiotic interplay between 1) the mathematical formulation of nature phenomena and the development of new mathematics motivated by physical problems, and 2) the discovery of new laws and insights of Nature. Our posts focus on the field theory of four fundamental interactions and elementary particles, cosmology, climate dynamics and phase transitions. –Tian Ma & Shouhong Wang
IU Press Release
- Tian Ma & Shouhong Wang (2015), Mathematical Principles of Theoretical Physics, Science Press, 524pp.
- Mickael Chekroun, Honghu Liu & Shouhong (2015), Stochastic Parameterizing Manifolds and Non-Markovian Reduced Equations : Stochastic Manifolds for Nonlinear SPDEs II. SpringerBriefs in Mathematics, Springer
- Mickael Chekroun, Honghu Liu & Shouhong (2015), Approximation of Stochastic Invariant Manifolds : Stochastic Manifolds for Nonlinear SPDEs I. SpringerBriefs in Mathematics. Springer
- Tian Ma & Shouhong Wang (2013), Phase Transition Dynamics, Springer-Verlag, November, XX, 555 pp. 153 illus.
- Tian Ma & Shouhong Wang (2007), Stability and Bifurcation of Nonlinear Evolutions Equations, Foundations of Mathematics Series, Volume 106, Science Press, Beijing, 437 pp.
- Tian Ma & Shouhong Wang (2005), Bifurcation theory and applications,
World Scientific Series on Nonlinear Science, Series A – Vol. 53, World Scientific, Singapore, 392 pp.
- Tian Ma & Shouhong Wang (2005), Geometric Theory of Incompressible Flows
with Applications to Fluid Dynamics, AMS Mathematical Surveys and Monographs Series, Vol. 119, 234 pp.
Physica D, Editor
Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems–B, Associate Editor