Lecturer in Italian
Office: Ballantine Hall 614
Office phone: 855-6324
Second language acquisition and foreign language pedagogy, translation, contemporary Italian theater
- DML, Italian and French, Middlebury College, 2005
- MA, French Literature, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 1995
- BA, International Relations and French, summa cum laude, Salem College, 1990
"Voci: Encounters with Italian" by F. Bosco and N. Glassman, reviewed in Italica Vol.76, no.4 (Winter 1999), 516-18.
"Avanti!Beginning Italian" by Janice M. Aski and Diane Musumeci,reviewed in Italica Vol. 84, no.1 (Spring 2007).
"Il Quadro commune europeo a disposizione della classe: un percorso verso l'eccellenza" by Marco Mezzadri, Guerra edizioni/Soleil: 2004, reviewed in Italica Vol. 87, no.1 (Spring 2010).
Honors, Fellowships, and Awards
- Certificate of Excellence in French Phonetics, awarded at the French School, Middlebury College, Summer 2000
- Director's Prize as best graduate student at Middlebury College (Italian School), Summer 1997
- President's Award in French, Salem College, 1990
- Union College Conference for Undergraduate Research 1990. Selected to represent Salem College with a paper on the resurgence of Islam in the Soviet Union