The French Minor
Students must complete 15 credit hours of course work taught in French past the third semester, including:
- 3 credit hours of F250, or 4 credit hours of F265
- F300 (Must be taken on the Bloomington campus)
- 9 additional credit hours of 300-400 level courses including:
- one course from the following: F305, F306, F361, F362, F363, F375
- one course from the following: F313, F315, F316
- Two courses at the 300-400 level must be taken on the Bloomington campus, and one of these two courses must be F300. If F250 is satisfied through a placement exam and validation course then the student must take three courses at the 300-400 level on the Bloomington campus (one of which must be F300)
- A grade of C- or better must be earned in a course for it to count towards the minor credit requirements
Declaring a French Minor
Students wishing to declare a minor in French are required to meet with the Director of Undergraduate Studies in French, Professor Barbara Vance.
Professor Barbara Vance
Director of Undergraduate Studies in French
firstname.lastname@example.org | (812) 855-2702 | Ballantine Hall 617
Contact Prof. Vance for advice on French courses and information about transfer credits. Call 855-1952 or stop by BH 642 to make an appointment.