William R. Black | Faculty
Professor Emeritus, Department of Geography
Office: SB 120
Ph.D., 1969, University of Iowa
- Sustainable Transportation
- Transportation Planning, Modeling and Policy
- Sustainable Transportation: Problems and Solutions, New York: Guilford Press (2010).
- Transportation: A Geographical Analysis, New York: Guilford Press,June 2003.
- Social Change and Sustainable Transport, edited with Peter Nijkamp.Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, December 2002.
- Railroads for Rent: The Local Rail Service Assistance Program. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 1986.
- “A New Approach to Distributing Urban Trips,” International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development, Vol. 8, No.3/4, 2008, pp. 215-228.
- “Flexibility in Legacy Systems, Behavior, and Sustainability of Transport: Comments on ‘Increasing the Flexibility of Legacy Systems,’” in Barry Wellar (ed.), Proceedings of the 2007 Anderson Distinguished Lecture in Applied Geography, Washington, D.C.: Applied Geography Specialty Group, Association of American Geographers, 2007, pp. 21-23.
- “La Investigacion Sobre Transporte A Ambos Lados Del Atlantico: estrategia Y Alcance,” with Peter Nijkamp and Aura Reggiani, in Juan Carlos Martin, Aura Reggiani and Piet Rietveld (eds.), Las Redes De Transporte Desde Un Enfoque Multidisciplinar, in Pamplona: Thomson, Civitas, 2007, pp. 127-149.
- “From Global Warming to Sustainable Transport, 1989-2006,” with Noriyuki Sato. International Journal of Sustainable Transport, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2007, pp. 73-89.
- “Sustainable Solutions for Freight Transport,” to appear in Globalized Freight Transport: Intermodality, E-Commerce, Logistics and Sustainability, Thomas R Leinbach and Cristina Capineri (eds.). Edward Elgar Publishers, 2006, pp. 189-216.
- “ICT, Innovation and Sustainability of the Transport Sector,” with Marina van Geenhuizen (University of Delft), European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research (EJTIR), Vol. 6, No. 1, 2006, pp. 39-60.
- “Towards New Transatlantic Transport Research: The STELLASTAR Project on the Move,” with Peter Nijkamp and Aura Reggiani. European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research (EJTIR), Vol. 6, No. 1, 2006, pp. 1-6.
- Member of the Board of Editors, Growth and Change: A Journal of Urban and Regional Policy, 2005-
- Member of the Board of Editors, International Journal of Environment and Pollution, 2000 -
- Member of the Board of Editors, International Journal of Global Environmental Issues, 2000-
- Member of the Board of Editors, Journal of Transport Geography, 1998 -
- Bradley Lane, “An Exploratory Analysis of the Influence of Gasoline Prices on Public Transit: Evidence from U.S. Metropolitan Areas,” Ph.D., 2010.
- Takatsugu Kobayashi, “An Analysis of the Relationship between Urban Form and the Length of Commute Using Centrographic Measures,” Ph.D., 2008.