Darren L. Ficklin | Faculty
Assistant Professor, Department of Geography
Office: Student Building 101
Ph.D., 2010, University of California - Davis
M.S., 2007, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
B.S., 2004, Indiana University - Bloomington
- Watershed hydrology
- Surface water, groundwater, and water quality modeling
- Examining the effects of climate change on the hydrologic cycle
- Examining the effects of climate change on aquatic species ecosystems
- G305: Environmental Change: Nature & Impact
- G338/538: Geographic Information Science
- G451/551: Water Resources
- Ficklin, Darren L., Minghua Zhang. 2013. A comparison of the Curve Number and Green-Ampt Models in an Agricultural Watershed. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (Accepted)
- Luo, Yuzhou, Darren L. Ficklin, Minghua Zhang. 2012. Approaches of soil data aggregation for hydrologic simulations. Journal of Hydrology 464-465, 467-476.
- Ficklin, Darren L., Iris T. Stewart, Edwin P. Maurer. 2012. Projections of 21st century Sierra Nevada local hydrology using an ensemble of General Circulation Models. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. DOI: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2012.00675.x
- Ficklin, Darren L., Iris T. Stewart, Edwin P. Maurer. 2012. Effects of projected climate change on the hydrology in the Mono Lake Basin, California. Climatic Change. DOI: 10.1007/s10584-012-0566-6
- Ficklin, Darren L., Yuzhou Luo, Minghua Zhang. 2012. Climate change sensitivity assessment of streamflow and agricultural pollutant transport in California’s Central Valley using Latin hypercube sampling. Hydrologic Processes. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9386
- Ficklin, Darren L., Yuzhou Luo, Minghua Zhang. 2012. Watershed modeling of hydrology and water quality in the Sacramento River Watershed, California. Hydrological Processes. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9222
- Wang, Zhonggen, Darren L. Ficklin, Yongyong Zhang, Minghua Zhang. 2012. Impact of climate change on the hydrologic cycle in the arid Shiyang River Basin. Hydrological Processes 26(18), 2733-2744. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.8378
- Ficklin, Darren L., Yuzhou Luo, Iris T. Stewart, Edwin P. Maurer. 2012. Development and application of a hydroclimatological stream temperature model within the Soil and Water Assessment Tool. Water Resources Research 48, W01511.
- Gatzke, Sarah E., Dylan E. Beaudette, Darren L. Ficklin, Yuzhou Luo, Anthony T. O’Geen, Minghua Zhang. 2011. Refining the method of soil type identification in SSURGO using soil taxonomy: an application in hydrologic modeling. Soil Science Society of America Journal 75, 1908-1921.
- Ficklin, Darren L., Eike Luedeling, Minghua Zhang. 2010. Sensitivity of groundwater recharge to changes in climate, CO2 concentrations and canopy structure. Agricultural Water Management 97, 1039-1050.
- Ficklin, Darren L., Yuzhou Luo, Eike Luedeling, Sarah E. Gatzke, Minghua Zhang. 2010. Sensitivity of agricultural runoff to rising levels of CO2 and climate change in the San Joaquin Valley watershed of California. Environmental Pollution 158, 223-234.
- Liu, Xingmei, Weiwen Zhang, Minghua Zhang, Darren L. Ficklin, Fan Wang. 2009. Spatio-temporal variations of soil nutrients influenced by an altered land tenure system in China. Geoderma 152, 23-34.
- Ficklin, Darren L., Yuzhou Luo, Eike Luedeling, Minghua Zhang. 2009. Climate change sensitivity assessment of a highly agricultural watershed using SWAT. Journal of Hydrology 347, 16-29.
- Luo, Yuzhou, Xuyang Zhang, Xingmei Liu, Darren L. Ficklin, Minghua Zhang. 2008. Dynamic Modeling of Organophosphate Pesticide Loads in Surface Water in the Northern San Joaquin Valley Watershed of California. Environmental Pollution 156, 1171-1181.