Faiz Rahman | Faculty
Associate Professor, Department of Geography
Office: MSB II 314
Ph.D. 1997, University of Arizona
- Large-Area Carbon Cycles
- Remote Sensing Modeling of Ecosystem Fluxes
- Geo-Informatics (collection, transfer, processing and visualization of spatial data)
- NASA: North American Carbon Program
- DOE: Carbon Cycle Science
- USDA: Crop Management with Hyperspectral Remote Sensing
- NSF: Spectral Network for Ecosystem Studies
- G438/G539, Advanced Geographic Information Systems
- G336/G535, Remote Sensing
- G440/G40, Topics in Environmental Geography
Rahman, A. F., Dragoni, D., Didan, K., Barreto-Munoz, A., and Hutabarat, J., (2013), Detecting large scale conversion of mangroves to aquaculture with change point and
mixed-pixel analyses of high-fidelity MODIS data, Remote Sensing of Environment, 130, 96-107.
Dragoni, D. and Rahman, A. F., (2012), Trends in fall phenology across the deciduous forests of the Eastern USA, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 157, 96-105.
Herold, M., Rahman, A. F., Rosse, M., et al. (2012), The use of remote sensing to monitor land use and land-cover change in tropical wetlands, in: Murdiyarso, D.,
Kauffman, J. B., Warren, M., Parmova, E., Hergoulac’h, K (Eds.), Tropical wetlands for climate change adaptation and mitigation, Center for International Forestry
Research Publication 91, CIFOR, Bogor, Indonesia, pp. 18-22.
Rahman, A. F., Dragoni, D., and El-Masri, B. (2011), Response of the Sundarbans coastline to sea level rise and decreased sediment flow: A remote sensing assessment,
Remote Sensing of Environment. doi:10.1016/j.rse.2011.06.019.
Sims, D. A., Rahman, A. F., Vermote, E., and Jiang, Z. (2011), Seasonal and interannual variation in view angle effects on MODIS vegetation indices at three forest sites,
Remote sensing of Environment. doi:10.1016/j.rse.2011.06.018.
Gamon, J. A., Flanagan, L. B., Huemmrich, K. F., and Rahman A. F. et al., (2010), SpecNet revisited: bridging flux and remote sensing communities, Canadian Journal of
Remote Sensing, 36(2):376-390.
- Aslan, Aslan, (SPEA), Ph.D., in progress
- Hamed Gholizadeh, Ph.D., in progress
- Zuoning Jiang, Ph.D., in progress
- Basil El-Masri, Development of a data driven process-based model for remote sensing of terrestrial ecosystem productivity, evapotranspiration, and above-ground biomass, Ph.D., 2011