Jillian Rickly-Boyd | Faculty
Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Geography
Office: Student Building 310
Email: jrickly at indiana.edu
Ph.D., Geography, Indiana University, 2012
- Cultural Studies
- Tourism Studies
- Landscape Studies
- Environmental Perceptions
- Critical Heritage Studies
- G110 – Introduction to Human Geography
- G120 – World Regional Geography
- G306 – Topics in Geography: Geographic Perspectives on Contemporary Issues
- G306 – Topics in Geography: Environmental Attitudes and Perceptions
- G325 – Tourism Geography
- G380 – Cultural Geography
- G582 – Cultural Geography Graduate Seminar
- L800 – Landscape Studies Seminar
- Rickly-Boyd, J.M. (In press, available online) “It’s supposed to be 1863 but it’s really not”: Inside the Representation and Communication of History at a Pioneer Heritage Site, International Journal of Heritage Studies
- Rickly-Boyd, J.M. (In press, available online) Existential Authenticity: Place Matters. Tourism Geographies
- Rickly-Boyd, J.M. (2013) Alienation: Authenticity’s Forgotten Cousin. Annals of Tourism Research, 40(1): 412-415.
- Rickly-Boyd, J.M. (2012) Lifestyle Climbing: Towards Existential Authenticity, Journal of Sport & Tourism, 17(2): 85-104. Special Issue: “Experiencing Sport Tourism”
- Rickly-Boyd, J.M. (2012) “Through the magic of authentic reproduction”: Tourists’ perceptions of authenticity in a pioneer village, Journal of Heritage Tourism, 7(2): 127-144.
- Knudsen, D. C., & Rickly-Boyd, J. M. (2012). Tourism Sites as Semiotic Signs: A Critique. Annals of Tourism Research, 39(2), 1252-1254.
- Rickly-Boyd, J.M. (2012) Authenticity & Aura: A Benjaminian Approach. Annals of Tourism Research, 39(1): 269-289.
- Rickly-Boyd, J.M. (2010) The Tourist Narrative, Tourist Studies. 9(3): 259-280.
- Rickly-Boyd, J. M., & Metro-Roland, M. (2010). Background to the Fore: The Prosaic in Tourist Places. Annals of Tourism Research. 37(4): 1164-1180.
- Rickly-Boyd, J.M. (2009) Establishing Authenticity in a Tourist Landscape: Spring Mill Pioneer Village, Material Culture. 41(1): 1-16.
- Rickly-Boyd, J.M. (forthcoming, 2013) “Dirtbags”: Mobility, Community and Rock Climbing as Performative of Identity. Lifestyle Mobilities and Corporealities. Duncan, T., Cohen, S., & M. Thulemark (Eds.) Ashgate Publishers.
- Knudsen, D.C., Metro-Roland, M.M. and J.M. Rickly-Boyd (2012) Landscape Studies and Tourism Research, The Routledge Companion to Landscape Studies, (pp. 306-313) Routledge. Howard, P., Thompson, I. and E. Waterton (Eds.)
- Knudsen, D.C., Rickly-Boyd, J.M. and M.M. Metro-Roland (2011) Landscape Perspectives on Tourism Geographies, New Perspectives in Tourism Geographies. (pp. 175-182) J. Wilson (Ed.) Routledge.
- Greer, C., Donnelly, S., and J.M. Rickly (2008) Landscape Perspective for Tourism Studies, Landscape, Tourism, and Meaning. (pp. 9-18). Knudsen, D., Metro-Roland, M., Soper, A.K., and C.E. Greer (Eds.), Aldershot, Hampshire: Ashgate.
- Yespembetova, A., Rickly, J.M. and L.C. Braverman (2008) Tourism as a Reconnection to the Neolithic Past: The Tamgaly Rock Paintings of Kazakhstan. Landscape, Tourism, and Meaning. (pp. 121-130). Knudsen, D., Metro-Roland, M., Soper, A.K., and C.E. Greer (Eds.), Aldershot, Hampshire: Ashgate.