Roman Zlotin | Faculty
Professor, Department of Geography
Office: SB 203
Ph.D., Biogeography and Soil Geography, USSR Academy of Sciences, Moscow. 1970
- Animal, plant, ecosystem and soil geography
- Structure, function and dynamics of terrestrial biodiversity
- Plant-animal interactions. Global and regional patterns of organic matter production and decomposition
- Human-induced degradation of environment
- Biodiversity and public health.
- Spatial scaling in dynamics of primary production in woodland ecosystems of the Southwest
- Environmental causes of cycles of fruit production in savannas of the Southwest
- Understanding the role of UV-B radiation in degradation of organic matter in arid ecosystems
- G107 Physcial Systems of the Environment
- G120 World Regional Geography
- G185 Global Environmental Change
- G427 Russia and Its Neighbors
- G440/540 Topics in Environmental Geography: Evironmental Biogeography
- U320/520 Econolgy of Northern and Central Asia
- V450/550 Enviromental Policies and Problems in the Former USSR
- V440/540 Biogeography of the Former USSR
- V420/520 Envirornmental Degradation in the USSR
- R300/500 Current Issues: Russia and Its Neighbors
- Zlotin, R.I., and Parmenter, R.R. (2002). Dynamics of Juniper, Pinyon and Oak Mast Production in Woodland Ecosystems of Central New Mexico. Abstracts of Annual ESA Meeting. Arizona. 457.
- Zlotin R.I. (2002): Biodiversity and productivity of ecosystems. In: Shagedanova M.(ed.). Physical Geography of Northern Eurasia. Cambrige University Publ., 44 pp.
- Zlotin, R.I., and Parmenter, R.R. (2000). Spatial Distribution and Dynamics of Mast Production in the Arid Woodland Ecosystems of Central New Mexico. Abstracts of Annual ESA Meeting. Utah.
- Zlotin R.I. (1997): Geography and organization of high mountain ecosystems in the former USSR. In: Wielgolaski F.E.(ed.). Ecosystems of the World 3. Polar and Alpine Tundra. Elsevier Publ. 133-159.
- Feshbach M, and Zlotin R.I. (1995): Environmental catastrophe in the former Soviet Union. Environ. Review. Vol.2, No 9. 1-8.
- Goryachkin S.V., Zlotin R.I., and Tertitsky G.M. (1994): Diversity of natural ecosystems in the Russian Arctic. Reprocentralen Publ. Lund University. 105 pp.
- Ecological Society of America
- Soil Ecology Society of America
- Past Member of Scientific Steering Committee of the Core Project "Global Change and Terrstrial Ecosystems" of IGBP "Global Change"
- Past Chair of Biogeography Department of Institute of Geography of Russian Academy of Sciences
- Member of Working Group on Protected Territories of International Union for the Conservation of Nature (Switzerland)