- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2016-2017 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Fall 2017 Courses in EAS
- 2016-17 Department Directory | (PDF)
- 2016-17 Hoosier Geologic Record | PDF
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- EAS Library Resources
News and Announcements
Research sheds new light on forces that threaten sensitive coastlines
From the IU Newsroom: "The Mississippi Delta is undergoing collapse as land disappears from the coast and marshes," said study co-author Douglas Edmonds, assistant professor and the Malcolm and Sylvia Boyce Chair in the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at IU Bloomington. "Yet we know surprisingly little about what processes are driving land loss." Alejandra Ortiz, a former Post-Doctoral Fellow in Edmonds’ lab was lead author on the study. Dr. Ortiz is now on faculty at North Carolina State University. Link to the IU Newsroom article.
We are now the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences.
Here’s an article about the name change in News at IU Bloomington.
Curiosity Rover: IU Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Mars research
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Looking for life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: Juergen Schieber
Events and Outreach
- Colloquia will resume in the Fall.
- April 28 The annual Student Awards Ceremony will be held in GY 143 beginning at 2:00 p.m.
A GIS Analyst Intern Position is open in IU Space Information.
Hours are 15-20/week, salary is $10-15/hr, start date is May 1. Contact Kathy Wiegand for more information. Email: email@example.com, phone: 812-855-1763.
There is a new blog about the research going on in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU. Graduate student Anna Nowicki Jesse is a member of the editorial board and a writer for the blog.