- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Simon Brassell, Professor and Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2017-2018 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Undergraduate Advisor
- Fall 2018 Courses in EAS
- Department Staff
- 2017-18 Department Directory
- 2017-18 HGR (interactive) | PDF
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological and Water Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- EAS Library Resources
News and Announcements
Volcanoes of the Eastern Sierra Video
Students and faculty from the X188/190 summer course, Volcanoes of the Eastern Sierra Nevadas, are featured in a video project produced by Ellen Bergen, one of the participants. Great storytelling - check it out!
Students from Environmental and Energy Diplomacy Course Featured in IU News Article
From the IU Newsroom: Students advise U.S. Embassy in Malaysia on renewable energy. Students in an IU Bloomington class on finding ways to help Malaysia expand its use of renewable energy thought they might get a chance to present their findings to the U.S. ambassador to Malaysia. It turned out they got more than that.
The ambassador, Kamala Shirin Lakhdhir, invited embassy staff and high-level Malaysian government officials and business leaders for an end-of-semester video conference in which the students presented their work. The group in Malaysia then launched into detailed discussion of the findings and ideas. Read more about the symposium.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT FALL COURSE CHANGES
As our course titles are in transition from the GEOL department to the EAS department, our courses for Fall 2018 are now listed under EAS on the Registrar’s Course Brower. The courses are listed here for your convenience.
Curiosity Rover: IU Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Mars research
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Looking for life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: Juergen Schieber
Events and Outreach
- Colloquium season has ended for the semester. Talks will resume in the Fall. See you then!