SUMMER 2015 FIELD COURSE OFFERINGS
Crossroads Geology Conference
The student members of the Rho chapter of Sigma Gamma Epsilon would like to extend a formal invitation to participate in the 15th annual Crossroads Geology Conference, March 27 and 28, 2015 at Indiana University in Bloomington. more information| abstract submission
Curiosity Rover On Mars
IU on Mars: David Bish and Juergen Schieber article on Inside IU Bloomington
NASA: Latest News from Mars
Finding life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
Faculty links: David Bish | Juergen Schieber | CheMin PPT
News and Events
Recent alum David Grossnickle is a contributing author on an article in the journal Science
The article, titled "An arboreal docodont from the Jurassic and mammaliaform ecological diversification" concerns the discovery of the fossilized remains of two mammals that lived and thrived during the Jurassic. More information
G420 Regional Tectonic field trip: May 10-23, 2015. A regional tectonic field course across the Appalachians from central Pennsylvania to Boston crossing many suspect terranes is being offered. More information.
Would you like to donate to IU Geological Sciences? Click on the "Give Now" button to the right to view all the funding choices, including the Excellence in Geology Fund and the Mary Iverson Graduate Fellowship in Geological Sciences
Research Focus Sites
OIINK Seismic Research Experiment
Shale Research Lab
Organic Matter from the Santa Barbara Basin
Southern Caribbean Plate Boundary Studies
Exploring Deep-Subsurface Life Podcasts
South Aegean Volcanic Arc Database
Professional Societies, Student Chapters
- GRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Graduate Student 2014-2015 Handbook and Forms
- Travel Request Forms
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies,
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Academic Advisor. HOURS: Mondays and Thursdays, by appointment only. Make appointments at StarNet
- Undergraduate classes in geological sciences.
- Spring 2015 Geosciences Schedule of Classes
- March 2: Ralph Milliken, Brown University. Title: Water in the Solar System, a Story in Three Acts
4:00 p.m. GY143. Refreshments served at 3:30 in the Geology lobby. more