- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2016-2017 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Spring 2017 Courses in Geological Sciences
- 2016-17 Department Directory | (PDF)
- 2016-17 Hoosier Geologic Record | PDF
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- Geological Sciences Library Resources
News and Announcements
President’s Medal presented to IU scholar David Dilcher
Quoting the IU Newsroom: Eminent scholars in paleobotany and in cinema studies at Indiana University Bloomington were presented with the highest honor an Indiana University president can bestow.
David Dilcher, professor emeritus of biology and geology, and James Naremore, Chancellor’s Professor Emeritus in communication and culture, English and comparative literature, received the President’s Medal for Excellence at a ceremony at IUB on October 20, 2016. More information
In memory: Dr. Carl Rexroad
From Dr. John Steinmetz, Indiana State Geologist Emeritus: It is with great sadness that I inform you of the passing of Dr. Carl Rexroad. He died quietly on the morning of Thursday, October 27, with his wife Carol at his side. More information
Curiosity Rover: IU Geological Sciences Mars research
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Looking for life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: Juergen Schieber
Events and Outreach
- October 31: Leah Morgan, USGS Title: VPrecision and accuracy in 40Ar/39Ar geochronology and its application to the Middle- to Late-Acheulean at Hugub, Ethiopia.
- 4:00 p.m. GY126. Refreshments served at 3:30 in the Geology lobby.
Tutoring study hours with GeoClub
GeoClub is hosting tutoring/study hours again this semester, every Monday from 5:00pm-7:00pm in room G24.
A new blog about the research going on in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU launched on August 22nd. GeoSci graduate student Anna Nowicki Jesse is a member of the editorial board and a writer for the blog.