* indicates student or post-doc author primarily advised by Edmonds
Fagherazzi, S. Edmonds, D.A., Nardin, W., Leonardi, N., Canestreslli, A., Falcini, F., Jerolmack, D., Mariotti, G., Rowland, J.C., and Slingerland, R.L., Building Land: Modeling the dynamics of river mouth deposits, Review of Geophysics (in review)
22. Liang, M.L., Geleynse, N.G., Edmonds, D.A. and Passalacqua, P.P. 2015. A reduced-complexity model for river delta formation: Part II – Validation of the flow routing scheme, Earth Surface Dynamics 3.1:87-104.
21. *Burpee A.P., Slingerland, R.L., Edmonds, D.A., Parsons, D., Best, J., Cederberg, J., McGuffin, A., *Caldwell, R.L., *Nijhuis, A. and Royce, J. 2015. Grain size control on the morphology and stratigraphy of river-dominated deltas. Journal of Sedimentary Research DOI
20. *Nardin, W. and Edmonds, D.A. 2014. Optimal vegetation height for sedimentation in deltaic freshwater marshes, Nature Geoscience 7(10):722-726 DOI
19. Burpee A.P., Slingerland, R.L., Edmonds, D.A., Parsons, D., Best, J., Cederberg, J., McGuffin, A., *Caldwell, R.L., *Nijhuis, A. and Royce, J. 2015. Grain size control on the morphology and stratigraphy of river-dominated deltas. Journal of Sedimentary Research DOI
18. *Caldwell, R.C. and Edmonds, D.A. 2014. A numerical modeling study of the effect of sediment properties on delta process and morphology JGR-Earth Surface. DOI
17. Hajek, E.A. and Edmonds, D.A. 2014. Is river avulsion style controlled by floodplain morphodynamics? Geology. DOI
16. Canestrelli, A., Nardin, W., Edmonds, D.A., Fagherazzi, S. and Slingerland R.L. 2014. Importance of frictional effects and jet instability on the morphodyanmics of river mouth bars and levees JGR-Oceans, 119. DOI
15. Edmonds, D.A. and Caldwell, R.C. 2014. River Delta Processes and Shapes, Encyclopedia of Natural Resources, ed. Y.Q. Wang.
14. 14. Nardin, W., Mariotti, G., Edmonds, D.A., Guerico, R. and Fagherazzi, S. 2013. Growth of river mouth bars in sheltered bays in the presence of frontal waves. J. Geophys. Res. Earth Surf. 118:872–886. DOI
13. Snyder, N.P., Nesheim, A.O., Wilkins, B.C. and Edmonds, D.A. 2012. Predicting grain size in gravel-bedded rivers using digital elevation models: application to paraglacial watersheds in Maine. Geological Society of America Bulletin DOI
12. Edmonds, D.A. 2012. Restoration Sedimentology. Nature Geoscience 5(11):758 DOI
11. Edmonds, D.A. 2012. Stability of backwater influenced bifurcations: a study of the Mississippi-Atchafalaya bifurcation. Geophysical Research Letters 39:L08402. DOI.
10. Edmonds, D.A., Paola, C., Hoyal, D. and Sheets, B. 2011. Metrics to quantify the morphology of river deltas and their channel networks. Journal of Geophysical Research—Earth Surface. DOI
9. Edmonds, D.A., Shaw, J. and Mohrig, D. 2011. Topset-dominated deltas: a new model for river delta stratigraphy. Geology 39:1175–1178. DOI
8. Paola, C., Twilley, R., Edmonds, D.A., Kim, W., Mohrig, D., Parker, G., Viparelli, E. and Voller, V. 2011. Natural Processes in Delta Restoration: Application to the Mississippi Delta. Annual Reviews of Marine Science 25.
7. Wolinsky, M., Edmonds, D.A., Martin, J. and Paola, C. 2010. Delta Allometry: Growth Laws for River Deltas. Geophysical Research Letters 37:L21430. DOI.
6. Edmonds, D.A., Slingerland, R.L., Best, J., Parsons, D. and Smith, N. 2010. The response of river-dominated delta networks to permanent changes in river discharge. Geophysical Research Letters 37:L12404. DOI.
5. Edmonds, D.A. and Slingerland, R.L. 2010. Significant effect of sediment cohesion on delta morphology. Nature-Geoscience 3:105–109. DOI.
4. Edmonds, D.A., Hoyal, D., Sheets, B. and Slingerland, R. 2009. Predicting delta avulsions: Implications for coastal wetland restoration. Geology 37:759–762. DOI.
3. Smith, N.D., Perez-Arlucea, M., Edmonds, D.A. and Slingerland, R.L. 2009. Elevation adjustments of paired natural levees during flooding of the Saskatchewan River. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. DOI
2. Edmonds, D.A. and Slingerland, R.L. 2008. Stability of delta distributary networks and their bifurcations. Water Resources Research 44:W09426. DOI.
1. Edmonds, D.A. and Slingerland, R.L. 2007. Mechanics of river mouth bar formation: Implications for the morphodynamics of delta distributary networks. Journal of Geophysical Research 112:F02034. DOI