- Sample preparation laboratory and associated equipment; namely, thin section lab, lab tech, rock saws, polishers, & shale washing and processing facilities
- Microscopes, including a SMZ1500 Zoom Stereo Optical Microscope with a 0.75x to 11.25x zoom range (15:1 zoom ratio) and a DXM 1200 digital camera all attached to a Dell OptiPlex GX400, Pentium 4 with 1.0 GB of RAM and a 40 GB hard drive.
- SEM, cathodoluminescence, organic geochemistry laboratory, and mass spectrometers are also available to geobiological researchers
- Specimen repository; teaching and research collections; extensive fossil collections from Indiana and beyond [Access the Collection Database]
- Access to field vehicles
- A dedicated, extensive geology library in the building - one of the most comprehensive geology libraries in the nation