- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Simon Brassell, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Grad Student 2015-2016 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- 2015-16 Department Directory | (PDF)
- Hoosier Geologic Record
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- Geological Science Library
Student Chapters, Professional Societies
News and Announcements
Emeritus Professor David Dilcher identifies what could be the mythical ’first flower’
From the IU Newsroom: Indiana University paleobotanist David Dilcher and colleagues in Europe have identified a 125 million- to 130 million-year-old freshwater plant as one of earliest flowering plants on Earth. The finding, reported in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, represents a major change in the presumed form of one of the planet’s earliest flowers, known as angiosperms. More information
Recent publication chosen for the cover of Geology
Doug Edmonds and Rebecca Caldwell, a grad student working with Edmonds, are co-authors on the paper entitled, Fluvio-deltaic avulsions during relative sea-level fall. The paper was recently chosen for the cover of Geology.
Curiosity Rover: IU Geological Sciences Mars research
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Looking for life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: David Bish | Juergen Schieber
If you would like to donate to IU Geological Sciences:
Click on the "Give Now" button to view all the opportunities for supporting the Department, including the Mary Iverson Graduate Fellowship.
Events and Outreach
- September 7 Labor Day, no colloquium
2015 Recruiting Schedule
- September 14-17 ExxonMobil
- September 22-23 Chevron Exploration
Sigma Gamma Eplilon offers Tutoring In Geological Sciences
- Beginning September 14, tutoring sessions will be held every Monday, 5-7 pm in G213. These sessions cater mainly to introductory geology and atmospheric courses. Contact Jeremiah Mickey for more information.