THIS IS WHAT WE STUDY: A SAMPLING OF PROJECTS AND OUTREACH IN THE DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGICAL SCIENCES
IU GeoSci Professor David Bish is featured in the 2014 International Year of Crystallography Calendar
Curiosity Rover On Mars
IU Bloomington geologist reports results of Mars mineralogy investigation. more
IU geologists David Bish and Juergen Schieber analyze data from Curiosity’s instruments. more
IU on Mars – David Bish and Juergen Schieber article on Inside IU Bloomington
NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Jingle Bell Rock Holiday Party and The Screwball Campaign. The departmental Holiday party will be held on Saturday, December 14, 2013 at the Upland Brewery and Restaurant. All ages are welcome to attend. more
- The Department of Geological Sciences and the Geological Survey WON the IU FALL Energy Challenge. Our Building is the winner of the Fall 2013 Energy Challenge for academic buildings on the Bloomington campus. There is a spectacular retro-trophy now on display in the Geological Survey and there is a water-bottle refill station on the way.
- The Mary Iverson Graduate Fellowship. The Department of Geological Sciences at Indiana University celebrates Mary Iverson’s extraordinary impact on the department with the Mary Iverson Graduate Fellowship more
GeoSci Research Focus Sites
- Organic Matter from the Santa Barbara Basin
- Southern Caribbean Plate Boundary Studies
- Exploring Deep-Subsurface Life Podcasts
- South Aegean Volcanic Arc Database
- GRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Graduate Student 2013-2014 Handbook and Annual Review forms
- Student Travel Support Request Form
- Sigma Gamma Epsilon
- Society of Economic Geologists–IU Student Chapter
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies,
- Carlin C. Schrag Undergraduate Academic Advisor.
- Undergraduate classes in geological sciences. Most of these courses fulfill the Natural and Mathematical Sciences requirements.
- Spring 2014 Geosciences Schedule of Classes
- December 9-13: No Colloquium, AGU week.
Events & Calendar