THIS IS WHAT WE STUDY: A SAMPLING OF PROJECTS AND OUTREACH IN THE DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGICAL SCIENCES
G429 and G433 courses are now in session at the IU Geologic Field Station.
Remarkably diverse geology, experienced, award–winning faculty, a world–class field facility, and a 60–year tradition of leadership in teaching geoscience in the field form the foundation of excellence of our course offerings. Our range of field–based programs, sustained by endowed funds, encompasses undergraduate and graduate classes, and extends through outreach to high school students, adults, and to professionals in geosciences–related areas.
Curiosity Rover On Mars
- IU Bloomington geologist reports results of Mars mineralogy investigation. more
- IU geologists David Bish and Juergen Schieber analyze data from Curiosity’s instruments. more
- IU on Mars – David Bish and Juergen Schieber article on Inside IU Bloomington
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Finding life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: David Bish | Juergen Schieber | CheMin PPT
- The 2014 edition of the Hoosier Geologic Record is now online! This interactive publication is a flip book that can be viewed on desktops, tablets, and smartphones. Scattered throughout the booklet are blue highlighted areas that link to research and course websites within the Department. For more information please see the NEWS section.
- David Polly elected President of The Society of Vertebrate Paleontology more
- Geology and Paleoanthropology Field School in Tanzania more
- The Mary Iverson Graduate Fellowship. The Department of Geological Sciences at Indiana University celebrates Mary Iverson’s extraordinary impact on the department with the Mary Iverson Graduate Fellowship, If you would like to contribute to the Mary Iverson Graduate Fellowship, please follow this link.
GeoSci Research Focus Sites
- GRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Graduate Student 2013-2014 Handbook and Annual Review forms
- Travel Request Forms
- Sigma Gamma Epsilon
- Society of Economic Geologists–IU Student Chapter
- IU Geophysical Society
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies,
- Carlin C. Schrag Undergraduate Academic Advisor.
- Undergraduate classes in geological sciences. Most of these courses fulfill the Natural and Mathematical Sciences requirements.
- Fall 2014 Geosciences Schedule of Classes
- Colloquia will resume in the Fall.
Events & Calendar