IN THIS SECTION
Grant Sources for Students
- Department of Geological Sciences Endowed Funds. Many of these are earmarked for students.
- The GradGrants center on campus. They run workshops and critique your grants, and have several science grant databases for use by grad students. They also list a link to the grants that are specific to IU students (Doctoral grant-in-aid, summer incentives, etc.)
- The IU Grad Student Organization provides grants to graduate students.
- The GSA Grants page. Includes forms and instructions.
- AAPG home page, with links to its Grants-in-Aid program.
- Sigma Xi Grants-in-Aid of research programs. Membership not required.
- Mineralogical Society of America Grant for student research in mineralogy and petrology.
- The Paleontological Society. Grants open to members only.
- Society for Vertebrate Paleontology’s awards page with links to applications.
- Tobacco Root Geological Society. Scholarships supporting research in the Northern Rocky Mountains.
- NSF Geoscience Page
- National Physical Science Consortium Graduate Fellowships
- NASA Research opportunities
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists scholarships and grants
- Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM) Grants
- American Chemical Society - Petroleum Research Fund Grants.