You are hereGet Involved
Are you in a Greek house that's not currently represented in Greeks Go Green?
One of the easiest ways you can help green your house is by recycling.
Most houses with successful recycling programs followed these steps:
- Inform Your Chapter: Take time during a chapter meeting to inform your chapter why it is important to recycle. Explain to them what they can do as a house and individually to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Click here to learn fun ideas about recycling.
- Form a Committee: Gather passionate and motivated chapter members to create and maintain a recycling process and collectively help the house become green.
- Contact Suppliers
- After your committee concludes what type of products they want to recycle, call Rita Heckard with HP Products to discuss what kind and how many recycling bins are needed for inside your house. Finalize how many bins are needed and ask Rita for a quote.
- Call Isaac Washington with Hoosier Disposal to discuss what kind and how many recycling bins are needed for outside of your house. Decide how many curbside pickup bins you need and ask Isaac for a quote. Schedule a time for Hoosier Disposal to pick up your recycling.
- Raise Money: After concluding how much money is needed to purchase bins for both the outside and the inside of your house, develop a plan to raise money.
- Simply ask each chapter member to donate a few dollars.
- Write a letter asking for donations and have chapter members send the letter to their family and friends.
- Plan an event that would raise money, such as a bake sale or a car wash.
- Purchase Your Bins: Once the money is collected, contact both Rita Heckard and Isaac Washington to order bins needed.
- Maintaing Recycling Self-Sufficiency: Once the bins are put in place, regulate the products being put into these bins. Keep trash out of these bins. When bins inside the house fill, empty them into outside bins. Remind chapter members of which products can and cannot be recycled. Click here to see what products are recyclable.