Where to Send Your Collection Materials
Indiana University Archives
Wells Library, Room E460
1320 East Tenth Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
(812) 855-5897 if needed for courier service
REQUIRED: Indiana University Libraries "Deed of Gift" Document
- Do NOT send materials to the address on the Deed of Gift document
- Deed of Gift must accompany each collection
- Download Deed of Gift,* fill it out, sign it, and include it in one of your boxes
* PDF format
* Microsoft Word Document format
REQUIRED: Biographical Statements and/or Administrative Histories of Organizations
- Biographical Statements – Please include a professional biography of yourself or of any person who is critical to an organization. In addition to the collection materials, these statements will provide vital contextual and historical information about the people who figure in the collections.
- Administrative Histories of Organizations – Please include an administrative history of any organization for which a collection is sent in, as well as of an organization whose papers are included in an individual's collection. These histories will provide vital contextual and historical information to the content of the collections.
Tips for Packing Your Collection Boxes
- Any well made box will do (staff will rebox materials upon arrival at the Archives)
Tips for Labeling Your Collection Boxes
- Use pencil
- Label as "GIEA Archives, Box #1 of X"