17. Plasma Source Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry: A Powerful Tool for Elemental Speciation, in Handbook of Elemental Speciation, R. Cornelis, J. Caruso, H. Crews, and K. Heumann, Editors, John Wiley and Sons Ltd. (2003), (with A.M. Leach and D.M. McClenathan)
16. Multidimensional Ionization Sources for Plasma-source Mass Spectrometry, in Glow Discharge Plasmas in Analytical Spectroscopy, R. Kenneth Marcus and José A.C. Broekaert, Editors, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd: New York (2003), 17, pp. 435-468 (with J.P. Guzowski, Jr.,).
15. Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry with Atomic Ion Sources in Advances in Mass Spectrometry, E. Gelpi, Editor, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd: New York (2001), 15, pp. 61-85 (with S.J. Ray, D.P. Myers, A.M. Leach, and J.P. Guzowski Jr.).
14. Inorganic Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry, in Inorganic Mass Spectrometry: Fundamentals and Applications, C.M. Barshick, D.C. Duckworth, and D.H. Smith, Editors, Marcel Dekker: New York, NY, (2000), 23, pp. 447-505 (with D.P. Myers and S.J. Ray).
13. Encyclopedia of Analytical Chemistry: Instrumentation Applications - Introduction to Atomic Spectroscopy, in Encyclopedia of Analytical Chemistry, R.A. Meyers, Editor, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.: Sussex, United Kingdom, (2000), 9357-9361.
12. Foreword: “Alternatives in Plasma-Source Mass Spectrometry: Evolution or Revolution?”, J. Anal. Atom. Spectrom., 14, 51N-52N (1999).
11. Foreword in “Inductively Coupled Plasmas in Analytical Atomic Spectrometry”, ed: A. Montaser and D.W. Golightly, VCH Publishers, Inc.:New York (1997).
10. "Characterization and Comparison of Three Fiber-Optic Sensors for Iodine Determination Based on Dynamic Fluorescence Quenching of Rhodamine 6G," in 45 Years of the Greatest Science on Earth (with W. A. Wyatt and F. V. Bright).
9. “Induction-Coupled Plasmas" in Analytical Atomic Spectroscopy, J. A. Holcombe, ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Publishers (submitted--1987).
8. "A New Fiber-Optic-Based Phase-Resolved Phosphorescence Spectrometer" in Advances in Multidimensional Luminescence, Volume I, I. M. Warner, ed., JAI Press, Inc.,131, 1991 (with F. V. Bright and C. A. Monnig).
7. "Torches for Inductively Coupled Plasmas" in Inductively Coupled Plasma Emission Spectrometry--Part 1: Methodology, Instrumentation and Performance, P.W.J.M. Boumans, ed., Wiley, 1987, pp. 258-295 (with P.W.J.M. Boumans).
6. "Energy Transport and Analyte Excitation in the ICP", in Analytical Chemistry in the Exploration, Mining and Processing of Materials, L.R.P. Butler, ed., Blackwell Scientific Publications, 1986, pp. 15-24 (with J. W. Mills, J. W. Carr, G. D. Rayson, H. Huang, and K. A. Marshall).
5. "Signal-to-Noise Considerations in Fluctuation Analysis Spectroscopic Techniques", in New Directions in Molecular Luminescence, D. Eastwood, ed., ASTM Publication 822, Philadelphia, 1983, pp. 82-100 (with J. M. Ramsey).
4. "Operational Characteristics of a Helium Microwave Induced Plasma at Atmospheric Pressure" in Development in Atomic Plasma Spectrochemistry, R. M. Barnes, ed., Hayden and Sons, Rochelle Park, NJ, 1982, pp. 209-16 (with A. T. Zander).
3. "A Linear Response Theory Approach to Time-Resolved Fluorometry" in Modern Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Vol. 4, E. Wehry, ed., Plenum Press, NY, 1981, Ch. 2, pp. 25-50 (with E. E. Vogelstein).
2. "New Laser-Based Methods for the Measurement of Transient Chemical Events" in New Applications of Lasers to Chemistry, ACS Symposium Series no. 85, American Chemical Society, Washington, D. C., 1978, Ch.8, pp. 118-25 (with G. R. Haugen and J. M. Ramsey).
1. "Correlation Methods in Chemical Data Measurement" in Contemporary Topics in Analytical and Clinical Chemistry, Vol. 3, D. M. Hercules, G. M. Hieftje, L. R. Snyder, and M. A. Evenson, eds., Plenum Press, NY, 1978, Ch. 4, pp. 153-216 (with G. Horlick)