Want to serve on the GPSG Programming Committee? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About GPSG Programming
- Programming is integral for community building and offering resources to graduate and professional students.
- GPSG partners with many IU Offices and Departments to support and create graduate student programming. Primary areas of GPSG programming include Graduate Student Orientation, GPSG monthly social events, Graduate Student Appreciation Week, and GPSG Advocacy Programming.
- The GPSG Community Development Coordinator is responsible to review, conceive, and lead GPSG programs that address the various aspects of community identity as well as foster an inclusive environment for graduate students of diverse backgrounds.
- In order to develop relevant programming, the GPSG Community Development Coordinator collaborates with members of the GPSG Programming Committee and with organizations and offices on and off-campus such as the Cardinal Stage Company, CAPS, the IU Grad Mentoring Center, IU Grad Grant Center, and Union Board
- Each fall, GPSG collaborates with multiple units on campus to schedule, market, and lead events during Graduate Student Orientation Week. Events for this week include orientation workshops, involvement fairs, Q&A’s, campus tours, and social gatherings on and off campus.
- Every month of the academic year, GPSG hosts several recurring social events. After each Assembly, GPSG hosts Social Hours at local venues and restaurants. Additionally, once a month, GPSG hosts a “Networking and Dessert” event with special guests from around the IU campus and Bloomington community. GPSG programming also seeks to take advantage of the free resources available to graduate students by planning events such as Graduate and Professional Student Night at a varsity men’s soccer game (free admission with student ID) as well as a free movie night at the Whittenberger Auditorium in the Indiana Memorial Union. Future events also include a night at the IU Theatre and tours of the Lilly Library.
- Yearly, GPSG collaborates with other graduate student organizations from across IU Schools and Departments to subsidize the costs of professional headshots for graduate students and will be partnering with other graduate organizations and departments to help sponsor and host a cookout during homecoming weekend.
- Each April, GPSG plans a series of events in coordination with National Graduate Appreciation Week. Events in the past have included GPSG Karaoke, family-friendly Glow Golf, diversity awareness events and a mental health anti-stigma campaign.
About the GPSG Programming Committee
- The GPSG programming committee is responsible to review, conceive, and implement GPSG programming that addresses the various aspects of community identity as well as fosters an inclusive environment for graduate students of diverse backgrounds.
- Primary areas of GPSG programming include Graduate Student Orientation, GPSG monthly social events, Graduate Student Appreciation Week, and GPSG Advocacy Programming.
- Previously, this committee has worked to increase event collaboration with organizations and offices on and off-campus such as the Cardinal Stage Company, CAPS, the IU Grad Mentoring Center, IU Grad Grant Center, and Union Board.
Current Programming Committee
- Chair: Rick Brewer (GPSG Community Development Coordinator)
Email Rick at email@example.com if you’re interested in becoming a part of the programming committee.