This graduate assistant position will support the Center of Excellence for Women in Technology (CEWiT), an organization that supports faculty, staff, and student women in technology on the Indiana University Bloomington campus. The organization is made up of core support personnel, a Director, a Program Manager, a volunteer Faculty Alliance, a volunteer Staff Alliance, and a volunteer Student Alliance. The organization reports to the Office of the Provost and receives guidance from the CEWiT Advisory Council. The CEWiT graduate assistant will report to the Program Manager and work closely with the Director and faculty, staff, and student alliances.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and researches content for the CEWiT website and social media channels, including relevant news and resources for faculty, staff, and student women in technology, and works closely with student interns responsible for managing the center’s social media presence.
- Assists with recruiting and marketing for CEWiT and creating marketing and promotional materials for the center.
- Supports CEWiT staff and volunteers in the planning of events and programs for CEWiT and the faculty, staff, and student affiliate groups.
- Assists with the coordination of the CEWiT Aspirations in Computing awards competition process and works closely with student scholarship winners who will serve as ambassadors for the center.
- Represents CEWiT at campus events and programs in order to share information about the center to prospective affiliates.
Remuneration includes a $13,525 stipend for 10 months, tuition remission, and health insurance. This position is 50% FTE and is listed as a 20 hour per week commitment. This position will require occasional evening and weekend hours.
Qualifications: Must be a current graduate student at IU Bloomington. Strong oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, demonstrated evidence of initiative and the ability to plan and execute programs and events. Graphic design skills preferred. Resume and cover letter required.
Applications are being accepted immediately until the position is filled. Please submit all application materials and direct any questions to Julianne Martin, Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-855-3565.