Please note that Conference Grants support HOSTING conferences at IU-B. To attend a conference, you should apply for a Travel Award.
Deadline: Tuesday, December 1st by 11:59PM
The GPSG is pleased to offer the IU Bloomington academic community conference support for local events benefiting graduate and professional students on campus. The award amount per event is based on need (maximum of $250). The GPSG anticipates awarding a total of $1,000 in Fall Awards and $1,000 in Spring Awards. The purpose of this service is to provide academic support and professional development for graduate and professional students on the IUB campus.
GPSG Conference Funding is awarded once per semester with funds distributed near the end of the term. These funds are sent directly to IUB accounts and may be used for funding in advance of your event or to reimburse events during the award semester. We encourage all IUB academic departments to consider applying for this award when planning their next graduate-student oriented academic conference.
The GPSG expects that these funds be used in an appropriate manner and help to offset the incurred costs of academic conferences (i.e. printing, publicity, honorariums). To that end, we trust that recipients will avoid using their granted funds for non-academic, extraneous costs such as hospitality charges including alcohol and catering.
Please note that Conference Grants support hosting conferences at IU-B. To attend a conference, you should apply for a Travel Award.
The grant application can be found here.
Conference Grants for Fall 2015 are due Tuesday, December 1st by 11:59PM.
- Full-time enrollment in a graduate or professional degree program at Indiana University at the time of application
- Conference must occur within the specified time period to receive the Conference Grant
- Fall awards: July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016 of the calendar year
- Spring awards: January 1, 2016 – December 30, 2016 of the calendar year
- Must NOT be a member of the GPSG Executive Committee, employee of the GPSG, or an active member of the GPSG Awards Committee reviewing applications for this award.
2014-2015 Conferences Supported by the GPSG
- March 6-7: Subestimados: Prospects and Challenges of Social Mobility, Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- March 27-28: Indiana University Interdisciplinary Graduate Student Conference: Breaking Futures: Between Formation and Erasure, English
- March 28-29: Midwest Ecology and Evolution Conference, Biology
- April 10-11: Missed Connections, Comparative Literature
2013-2014 Conferences Supported by the GPSG
- November 16: Stoking the Fire: A Contemporary Pottery Symposium, Folklore and Ethnomusicology
- February 21-22: 20th Annual Symposium of Music Research, Music Theory
- February 21-23: Breaking Down Barriers, Anthropology
- March 27-28: Undoing Health: States of Body and Mind, English
- April 11: IST Conference 2014: Empowering Educational Success, Instructional Systems Technology
- April 18-19: Mediating Religion: Modes of Communication in Religious Contexts, Religious Studies
- April 26: Sex: from Codons to Condoms, Psychological and Brain Sciences
- October 17-19: Regulating Intimacy, Gender Studies
2011-2012 Conferences Supported by the GPSG
- February 17-18: Analysis and the Listener Music Theory, Jacobs School of Music
- February 24: SLED Symposium Literacy, Culture, and Language Education
- February 24-25: On Religious Experience Religious Studies
- March 22-24: Occupied: Taking up Space and Time English, College of Arts and Sciences
- March 23: Innovative Answers to Global Problems School of Public and Environmental Affairs
- March 29-31: Vagantes 2012 Religious Studies
- March 30-31: Black Diasporas: Reimagining Race, Space, and Community African American and African Diaspora Studies
2009-10 Conferences Supported by the GPSG
- Association of SPEA PhD Students Annual Conference – April 9, 2010
- Political Science Department Graduate Student Research Conference – April 2010
- 17th Annual Central Eurasian Studies Conference – March 6, 2010
- Indiana University 17th Animal Behavior Conference 2010 – March 25-27, 2010
- “The End?” – March 25-27, 2010
- “Challenges and Opportunities in the Global Context: Public Affairs in the 21st Century” – March 26. 2010
- “This is Your Brain on Music Theory” – February 26-27, 2010
- Exploring Difference: 4th Annual Anthropology Graduate Student Association Symposium – February 19-20, 2010