Hey, students! Are you looking for a part time hourly position with flexible hours (about 10-15 hours a week; more hours at the start of a semester and tapers off once your academic workload goes up)? Please consider applying to this position. It’s on campus in the Herman B Wells Library!
Job title: Alternate Media Editor
Department: UITS Adaptive Technology and Accessibility Center (located on the main floor of the Wells Library, just inside of the West tower)
Contact Person: Brian Richwine
Phone: (812) 856-2757
Evening / Weekend hours required: No
Hours / week: 10 – 15
Pay Rate: $8.25 / Hour
Work Study: No
How to Apply: Send resume to Brian Richwine at the above email address. In your email, please use the subject line “Alternate Media Editor Application”.
Job description: The successful candidate would assist the Adaptive Technology and Accessibility Center (ATAC) in their role of supporting students, faculty, and staff with disabilities to be successful at Indiana University. We work to make sure books, e-texts, and other media and course materials are accessible and usable for people with disabilities. Successful candidate will learn about issues that determine a document’s accessibility, how to produce accessible documents, and how to convert inaccessible documents to an accessible format while supporting students in a higher education environment.
- Learn and master accessible Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF file creation
- Edit materials according to the ATAC’s accessible document creation standards
- Must be able to describe images, charts, and tables for the visually impaired according to Science, Technology and Math (STEM) guidelines: (http://ncam.wgbh.org/experience_learn/educational_media/stemdx)
- Track work, report metrics, and organize tasks in an Excel spreadsheet and via email
- Scan and digitize materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Personable and have excellent customer service skills
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with a minimum of supervision
- Available to work a minimum of two daytime shifts within the work week
- Proficiency in foreign languages and/or mathematics is preferred, but not required
- Skilled at working with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is preferred, but not required