Following are some resources to help you get to know Bloomington, within and outside of the Indiana University campus.
- IU WorkLife Balance
- Visit Bloomington
- IU Visitor Information Center
- City of Bloomington Visitors Guide
- City of Bloomington calendars
- Visit Bloomington’s “Things to do”
- The Scene
- Indiana Public Media Events Calendar
- IU Outdoor Adventures
- Griffy Lake Nature Preserve
- Lake Monroe
- B-Line Trail
- City of Bloomington Parks and Trails
- 4th Street (diverse international cuisine)
- Kirkwood Ave (local bars, Greek, Irish, pizza, burritos, coffee, and more)
- Dining opportunities on campus
There are also many restaurants on both the east and west sides of Bloomington, although you’re more likely to find one-of-a-kind restaurants downtown.
Groceries and other necessities
- College Mall (the only mall in Bloomington)
- The Fashion Mall at Keystone (Indianapolis)
- Circle Center Mall (Indianapolis)
Downtown Bloomington along Kirkwood Avenue has a diverse selection of shops and restaurants. You can buy clothes, CDs and records, books, IU apparel, and more.