Application Deadline: Monday, July 30, 2012
The Service-Learning Program at the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL) is delighted to announce a new program that will assist graduate students in understanding service-learning as a pedagogy and in developing service-learning courses. IUB graduate students are invited to apply to become 2012-13 Service-Learning Graduate Fellows. SL Graduate Fellows will be part of a learning community that explores issues related to service-learning and will also serve as a resource for other graduate students considering adopting a service-learning pedagogy.
- Six graduate students on the Bloomington campus will be chosen as SL Graduate Fellows for the 2012-2013 academic year.
- SL Graduate Fellows can be either be new to service-learning or already teaching a service-learning course.
- SL Graduate Fellows will be part of a seminar to discuss common readings, local issues and curriculum development. Meetings will take place three times during the fall semester and three during the spring semester—the first meeting will be in early September (date to be determined on availability of selected SL Graduate Fellows). Meeting locations will vary; some may be held at local non-profit agencies. A variety of topics relevant to service-learning will be explored.
- Each fellow will receive a $500 award paid to their research account at the completion of the fellowship year.
Application deadline: Monday, July 30, 2012 (application details are below). If you have any questions, please contact: Nicole Schönemann, CITL Service-Learning Program Director at (812) 855-7849,email@example.com.
Applications should be submitted electronically or in print and should adhere to the following guidelines:
- In no more than two pages, please describe:
- your interest and experience with service-learning;
- how you anticipate this fellowship will have an impact on your teaching; and
- how you intend to raise the visibility of service-learning with other graduate students in your department as a result of this fellowship.
Please submit your application by July 30, 2012 to: Nicole Schönemann, CITL Service-Learning Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Franklin Hall 004.